Thornburg Investment Management is a privately-owned global investment firm that offers a range of solutions for retail and institutional investors. We are driven by our mission to help our clients reach their long-term financial goals through fundamental research and active portfolio management. Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico, we manage approximately $90 billion (as of March 31, 2014) across seven equity and 11 bond mutual funds, separate accounts for high-net-worth investors and institutional accounts, and five UCITS funds for non-U.S. investors.
At Thornburg, we value integrity and believe in doing the right thing for our company and our clients. Our culture promotes teamwork, while providing opportunities for our employees to learn and grow in their professional careers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support sales, marketing and portfolio managers to drive growth of Thornburg Investment Management strategies
• Serve as product champion within Thornburg Investment Management, partnering with portfolio management, sales and marketing to communicate the specific positioning and messaging of our products.
• Develop subject matter expertise on the mutual fund industry and trends; convert that expertise into actionable ideas to maximize sales opportunities. Develop, in collaboration with sales and marketing, strategic product campaigns. Distribute specific, actionable information to the sales team.
• Develop and maintain investment collateral material; develop and update slides to support sales meetings
• Ensure consistency of messaging internally, as well as with all external communications to include RFPs, presentations and sales material
• Perform competitor analysis and articulate points of differentiation for our products
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, marketing or related field. MBA or CFA preferred
• Minimum 5 years experience in product management of mutual funds
• Series 7
• Well organized, self-starter
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include presentation skills
• Ability to work collaboratively across investment, sales, marketing and compliance teams; must be able to confidently maintain cooperative, effective relationships across departments
• Strong knowledge of mutual funds and mutual fund distribution
• In-depth understanding of investment data and mutual fund databases
Thornburg Investment Management is an EEO/AA employer.
Direct link to apply: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=THORNBURG&cws=1&rid=227