Jeffrey Slocum & Associates, Inc. provides a variety of high quality investment consulting services to a rapidly growing list of more than one hundred institutional investment funds located across the U.S. We work predominantly with the financial staffs of corporations, foundations, endowments, healthcare and insurance organizations. The aggregate invested asset base of our clients exceeds $100 billion. We are looking to hire a Consultant to work with our Retirement Plan Services team in our Minneapolis office.
• CFA, or progress toward completing the program;
• MBA preferred;
• Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business;
• 7+ years investment related work experience, in a plan sponsor role overseeing investment and/or defined contribution/defined benefit programs, investment consulting or service provider role with an investment emphasis;
• Demonstrated project management skills;
• Demonstrated public speaking and/or presentation skills;
• Skilled at qualitative analysis, with a critical eye for results that are suspicious;
• Careful and articulate writer, with a vigorous and creative prose style;
• Self-confident presence sufficient to establish credibility with a wide variety of high-level decision-makers;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to promote a team-oriented office environment;
• Able to work effectively with a variety of individuals, groups and situations.
• Continuous Improvement
o Monitor trends in pension plan management and defined contribution plans
o Collaborate with research and senior consultants on incorporating trends and thought leadership into client materials
• Client Service
o Manage client accounts and conduct client meetings in conjunction with Slocum Principals and Senior Consultants
o Manage the client report process and communicate client projects in a timely manner with necessary staff (analysts, senior consultants, and administrative)
o Assist with all portfolio changes and transitions, including outsourced CIO clients
o Lead or provide support for vendor due diligence, search and selection (recordkeeping, trust/custodial, etc.)
o Negotiate with new managers/providers
o Edit reports and other client related documents
• New Business Generation
o Follow up on new business leads and complete RFPs
o Present to potential new clients
• Firm Management
o Supervise, coach and develop analysts
o Participate in recruiting efforts
o Participate in client conferences
o Set qualitative standards
In return for your loyalty and considerable personal sacrifices we offer:
• The opportunity to gain broad exposure to institutional investments and global capital markets in an environment that values broad general knowledge, not narrow specialization;
• Rapid assumption of significant responsibility. What you say and do will affect the financial health of major institutions and the material well-being of thousands of people;
• A competitive salary augmented by a year-end bonus (assuming your good work leads to firm profitability);
• Health, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance;
• Tuition reimbursement for continuing education;
• Profit sharing and 401(k) pre-tax savings plans;
• A liberal dress code, though ability to shine up and be presentable counts for something.
Please submit your resume and a writing sample to: HR@jslocum.com or fax documents to: 612-338-7034. No phone calls, please.
Applicants must be eligible to work indefinitely in the United States. Jeffrey Slocum & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.