In June 2018, FTSE Russell announced the launch of the FTSE Global Micro Cap Index Series, extending target coverage of the FTSE Global Equity Indexes (FTSE GEIS) to over 99% of developed and emerging markets globally. This paper provides:
• A brief history of FTSE GEIS.
• An illustration of the broad coverage and modular design of FTSE GEIS.
• An explanation of how FTSE's Country Classification process has evolved, including an introduction to its unique four-tiered approach to classifying markets.
• A step-by-step overview of the FTSE GEIS review process.
• An introduction to the FTSE Russell governance process.
• An example of how global equity markets have changed over time and how FTSE GEIS has evolved to reflect this change.
By downloading a white paper, you are agreeing to have your contact information shared with the content sponsor, who may then contact you.
All white papers posted were created by the listed authors who are solely responsible for the research, finding and all materials contained therein. Pensions & Investments has not verified or edited the materials (other than for length and style) and does not necessarily agree or disagree with the analysis and positions expressed by the authors. Reference to any company, product or service does not imply recommendation or sponsorship by Pensions & Investments.
For more information on submitting a white paper, please contact Richard Scanlon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-210-0157.