Pensions & Investments' editorial team was recognized by the American Society of Business Publication Editors with a national award and five regional awards for its news coverage in 2017.
The award winners are:
- Elizabeth Karier, managing editor; Peter J. Retzbach, copy desk chief; Colette Jordan, copy editor; and Kevin Olsen, news editor, shared a Silver Award for overall headline writing in the national ASBPE contest as well as the Upper Midwest regional contest.
- Hazel Bradford, reporter, and Arleen Jacobius, senior reporter, received a Silver Award in the Upper Midwest regional contest, government coverage, for their reporting on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 and its impact on institutional investors.
- Gregg A. Runburg, art director, and The Pretty Great Design Agency won an Upper Midwest regional Silver Award in the Front Cover-Illustration category for their work highlighting P&I's Best Places to Work in Money Management special report in the Dec. 11, 2017 issue.
- Ms. Jordan and Mr. Runburg won an Upper Midwest regional Bronze Award, regular department category, for P&I's Frontlines page.
- P&I staff won a Bronze Award in the Upper Midwest regional category, New or Relaunched Website, for the redesign of P&I's website, pionline.com.