Additional winners, alternative managers
$49.4 billion under advisory (as of Sept. 30)
Years won: 2015, 2016
- Hosts regular team gatherings, including monthly birthday celebrations that bring in desserts like cupcakes, cookies, pies or cannoli and sponsors extracurricular events, such as Aksia's softball team and office bake-offs.
- Invites employees and their significant others to a formal offsite holiday dinner.
- Provides lunch for weekly “Lunch and Learn” educational conference calls that are open to the entire staff and are typically scheduled to include international employees.
- “Aksia has a very flat organizational structure that gives you access to senior employees, independent authority and ownership over your work, and the opportunity to be involved in projects beyond your traditional role at the firm.”
- “If something requires change each employee has the ability to implement that change without having to cut through red tape or attend meeting after meeting.”
- “Aksia is a young, energetic firm that is able to motivate people to genuinely want to produce their best work.”
This article originally appeared in the December 12, 2016 print issue as, "Aksia".