Additional winners, managers with 100 to 499 employees
$69.5 billion AUM (as of Sept. 30)
Years won: 2013, 2016
- Holds onsite biometric health screening events each year, at which participants receive a $250 annual health-care credit that can either be deposited into the employees' flexible spending account or used toward reimbursement for a gym membership.
- Hosts annual “Bring Your Child to Work” day, at which children can spend the day mimicking the life of a trader or product manager or investment analyst.
- Offered impromptu sundae bar, therapeutic chair massages and pizzas to the staff and sponsored a different surprise each day during 2016's mass transit delays in Philadelphia.
- “There's no person who's inferior to another person because of position or title.”
- “Brandywine goes out of their way to show employees that their work is appreciated, whether it be impromptu ice cream socials or pay scales and bonuses.”
- “Employees believe management when they tell them that their most valuable asset is their people ... and supervisors value the individual just as much as the work they do.”
This article originally appeared in the December 12, 2016 print issue as, "Brandywine Global Investment Management".