Additional winners, alternative managers
$11.5 billion AUM (as of Sept. 30)
Years won: 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Hosts social events, such as a company-wide trip to the Second City comedy club, a scavenger hunt combined with a pub crawl, volunteer events at a local public school, and office celebrations including lunch for the entire staff on the fourth Friday of each month and monthly dessert breaks to celebrate staff birthdays.
- Sponsors a no-deductible health insurance plan and a wellness incentive reward program in which employees participate in events and earn points toward a $350 gift card by achieving goals.
- Matches up to $500 in charitable donations for each employee annually.
- “The hierarchy of the company is extremely flat and it genuinely allows for everyone to feel valued.”
- “Many meetings are open to anyone who wants to attend. Questions and debates are encouraged.”
- “Provides a positive, motivating atmosphere where everyone is inspired to do their best and management is open to ideas on how to improve and grow the business from team members at every level.”
This article originally appeared in the December 12, 2016 print issue as, "Harrison Street Real Estate Capital".