Additional winners, alternative managers
$10 billion AUM (as of Sept. 30)
Years won: 2014, 2016
- Provides catered lunches for the Irvine office staff every Monday and Wednesday.
- Promotes wellness by stocking healthy snacks such as fresh produce every Tuesday, providing fully paid gym memberships and paying 100% of the medical and dental premiums for employees and dependents.
- Supports team-building by hosting office social events like bowling tournaments and cross-departmental “mix-up” lunches that bring together small groups of employees who don't usually work together and who may work in different countries.
- “The team has varying degrees of education and status and yet everyone talks and socializes and knows exactly what is going on in the company.”
- “Work/life balance is a priority. The company hosts numerous events throughout the year to boost morale, and senior managers stress the importance of being a well-rounded individual.”
- “As a working mother who also travels, this organization understands that by allowing me to balance work and family.”
This article originally appeared in the December 12, 2016 print issue as, "Pacific Alternative Asset Management Co.".