Additional winners, managers with 20 to 49 employees
Boca Raton, Fla.
$10.2 billion AUM (as of Sept. 30)
Years won: 2016
- Maintains a “results-only work environment” that gives each employee the autonomy to choose where and when he or she works. The most senior member of each department acts as a “results coach” to provide ongoing formal and informal mentoring and feedback to each team member.
- Allocates an annual $3,000 training budget for each employee to develop any skill set the employee chooses in consultation with his or her results coach.
- Provides lunch every day for all employees.
- “The firm gives a lot of autonomy to employees in how they work and in their training. There is a culture of respect and performance.”
- “All employees are treated with respect. Employees are given the tools and opportunity to succeed.”
- “I genuinely look forward to coming in every day, both to do my job, which is work that I enjoy and am challenged by, and to interact with my co-workers, who have become friends.”
This article originally appeared in the December 12, 2016 print issue as, "Polen Capital Management".