Policemen’s Annuity and Benefit Fund of Chicago (PABF) is the administrator of a defined benefit, single-employer pension plan with a defined contribution minimum for the purpose of providing benefits to the police officers of the City of Chicago and their widows and children. The Fund provides retirement benefits as well as death and disability benefits. The Fund manages approximately $3 billion and serves more than 12,000 active and 12,000 retired members. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Trustees (four appointed by the City, three elected by the policemen, and one elected by the annuitants) whose duties are to administer the Fund under the Illinois Pension Code. Additional information can be obtained at www.chipabf.org.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/traits:
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in a public pension system or retirement plan, advanced business degree, and strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in managing and leading professionals
• Knowledge of investment management and accounting/financial management
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
• Experience with a State legislative process and elected officials
• Knowledge of the Illinois Pension Code
A competitive salary and benefit package will be offered to the successful candidate. Qualified candidates should submit resume and letter of interest on or before February 1 to:
10 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2220
Chicago, IL 60606
Attention: PABF ED
To place your RFP, Classified, or Career Opportunity ad in Pensions & Investments newspaper and online, please contact Erin Smith at 212-210-0719.
Advertising for the Business Resources section closes 7 days prior to publication. View Business Resources Media Kit.