Real Estate Investment Director
Position Title: Real Estate Investment Director
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Posting Dates: October 22nd, 2012 – November 21st, 2012
The Real Estate Investment Director is responsible for the management of PERA’s Investment Department’s Real Estate Division’s operations and staff, as well as overall management of PERA’s $3.2 billion real estate portfolio in accordance with established investment policy, portfolio diversification objectives. This position reports to the Chief Investment Officer and oversees a staff of five-three portfolio managers, one portfolio associate, and an administrative assistant.
• Manages the investments of the real estate portfolio
• Oversees the portfolio to ensure prudent investments
• Maintains awareness of regional, national and international real estate trends
• Responsible for the management of the Division operating budget and the performance evaluation of staff to ensure goal are met
• Recommends the investment of new capital targeted for real estate investing
• Analyzes all new investment proposals presented from outside sources and evaluates PERA’s position with respect to proposed investments
• Recommends new investment vehicles to the Chief Investment Officer
• Develops and recommends approval of the ten year Strategic Plan, the rolling two year Action Plan, and prepares certain specified reports for submission to the Board of Trustees
• Monitors current holding and proposed investments for compliance with portfolio objectives
• Participates in the organizational long-range strategic planning
• Participates in investment management team initiatives and strategic planning
• Carries out other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Real Estate; ten years investment/portfolio management experience to include a minimum of four years supervisory experience; may substitute an equivalent combination of education and experience
• MBA, CFA designations preferred
• Team building and leadership skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong mathematical skills
• Ability to travel as necessary
• Standard office environment with frequent computer use
All submitted resumes are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted through November 21, 2012.
Colorado PERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To place your RFP, Classified, or Career Opportunity ad in Pensions & Investments newspaper and online, please contact Erin Smith at 212-210-0719.
Advertising for the Business Resources section closes 7 days prior to publication. View Business Resources Media Kit.